Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

lock expression in object

Hi expert

i would like to know if there is a chance to lock or block the object, not only no allow to move or adjust, but not allow to see the properties too

is there any way to do that?

only show the object but the user in the desktop can not see the properties of the object

thank you a lot

Fernando

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Fernando,

In your app, you forgot to uncheck the options from the Sheet Properties > Security tab.

Open your app with qvadmin and uncheck these options, save and close qlikview.

When you open your app using qvuser, you will not be able to see the charts properties anymore.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Fernando,

You can achieve that by implementing a section access in your app.

Then under Settings > Sheet Properties > Security tab > uncheck the desired options like "Access Sheet Object Properties".

Make sure to check the flag "Admin Override Security" under Settings > Document Properties > Security tab.

I've attached a sample app (type as user: qvadmin or qvuser).

the user(s) of access type USER cannot access the object properties while the ADMIN can.

Hope this helps.

Not applicable

HI,

I Have seen above application, it was fantastic ,

but how u blocked the sheetproperties and document properties option can u explain in clear.

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Jp excellent document

this is i want to achieve, but one question:

When i acces to my example, do not appear the ask of user(qvadmin,qvuser) only acces and do not works, i see the properties of the object,

could be that i am missing something?

i attached my simple example

thank you a lot

Fernando

Not applicable

Fernando,

In your app, you forgot to uncheck the options from the Sheet Properties > Security tab.

Open your app with qvadmin and uncheck these options, save and close qlikview.

When you open your app using qvuser, you will not be able to see the charts properties anymore.

Not applicable

Hi manojqlik,

When you define the section access, you specify the access type as ADMIN or USER.

Then in the document properties you select which options you want them to be available when a user of type "USER" logs in to the app.

We can check the "Admin override security" flag to avoid applying security measures on users of type "ADMIN".

You can also set other security options related to objects but this time from the Sheet Properties > Security tab, just like in the example attached above.

Note that both of Security tabs (under Document Properties and Sheet Properties) are not available when logging in with a user of type "USER".

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

JP

Thank you for your answer

now, appears to put the qvdadmin and the qvuser but no matter what  user i put, i see the properties of the object, and i have uncheck the security settings

i attached the qvw

thank you a lot

Fernando

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Fernando,

You can do it without section access too

Goto Sheet properties--> Security tab

uncheck the options there as per your requirement and check the Apply to All sheets, then click ok.

You will get as you wished.

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Thank you JP, WORK!