cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhavalvyas
Contributor III
Contributor III

macro is not working to write back data from qlikview to database

hii I attached qvw file below in which macros is not working to writeback data from qlikview to database ? can any one solve this problem ?

6 Replies
sumeet-vaidya
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Dhaval,

Kindly look into below thread. Hope this will help to solve your issue.

QlikView Macro write back to database

Regards

Sumeet Vaidya

dhavalvyas
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

hii sumeet i know this macro but i am confused in it it want work ? can you see macros and tell me where to enter database name,where to create database connection and where to enter table name ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dhaval,

You can debug the macro by clicking on Test Button to see on which line it is throwing error. few tips for quick check are as below:

1. Database connection string is correct. i.e. DB exists at the specified server

2. See if the variable val is getting the values or whether the Count of values is 0 thus loop is not executing

3. Most important your connection object name is oConn whereas while executing the SQL insert command you have used Connection

Hope this helps

sumeet-vaidya
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Dhaval,

Kindly provide the error message which you are getting while running macro.

If you are getting the below error

Error message : Safety settings on this computer prohibit accessing a data source on another domain

Then

Try to adjust IE security settings for Local intranet - enable Access data sources across domains.

Regards

Sumeet Vaidya

dhavalvyas
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

actually it is not running while click on button its source code is open ??

sumeet-vaidya
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

Check the Error message on the Top status bar beside the Check button of the source code.

Regards

Sumeet Vaidya