Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

matches in Qlikview, as opposed to filters

Hi,

Predominantly in Qlikview apps, we are using list boxes for the purposes of filters; however, for a app in particualry like to develop matches which I assume are possible.

We have 2 lists like below. The 1st is list of properites where people want to downsize, the 2nd those who want to upsize. As a result, both are directly linked in that customers on LIST 1 would need a property in LIST 2 that matches there area need and vice versa. So for example, below 5 Cavendish Place, the person wants to move to Swinton (Area Need 2) and on the LIST 2 there is a suitable property - 10 Victoria Avenue - as it is in Swinton. It also matches in better detail as rooms required also matches - 5 Cavendish are in a 3 bed (Current no of Bedrooms2) and need a 2 bed property (Bedroom Need2) and 10 Victoria Avenue is a 2bed property and theire looking for a 3 bed (Bedroom Need).

So in essence these addresses are potentially matches and wondering whether anything clever can be built into Qlikview that would make this matching possible and easy to identify - mutual exchange register idea. When we have list of 100's of properties manual checking on Excel isn;t pratical. Can anyone help/advise how and if this can be done?

LIST 1 (downsizing)

AddressNeighbourhood2Current property
  type2
Current no of Bedrooms2Under occupying
  rooms2
Bedroom Need2Property Type
  Need2
Area Need2
  Cavendish Place, Pendlebury
PendleburyHouse312FlatSwinton

LIST 2 (upsizing)

AddressTownCurrent property
  type
Current no of bedroomsNo of Over
  occupying rooms
Bedroom NeedProperty Type
  Need;
Area Need
10 Victoria AvenueSwintonFlat, 1st floor213HouseSwinton
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I would start by creating a mapping table from List 1 based on area and applying it on list 2, hence identifying the matching scope
Map1:

LOAD

[Area Need2],

'Needed' as Target

From source of T1

T2:

LOAD

ApplyMap('Map1', [Area Need], 'Not Needed') as Flag

From source of t2

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Being honest have never comes across the mapping tables function and wouldnt know how to use it. Assume this would be covered on upcoming training my colleague is attending.

Can you at all provide further instruction on how we might do this in the meantime and.or we may try to get to grips with it? The app is attached if that helps...assume this is written in the script? You wil see from script the 2 tables.

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Try this

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Thanks very much..can see amends to script. Can you explain how this manifests itslef in the app? because for example when you select 'Area Need2' in Table 1 it still acts as a filter and excludes other results.

Apolgies but like I said..not used these before.

Cheers

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Chris,

It's OK.

This bit of code:

Map1:

MAPPING LOAD

[Area Need],

'Area Needed' as Target

Resident T2;

T3:

LOAD

ApplyMap('Map1', [Area Need2], 'Area Not Needed') as [Area Needed Flag_]

Resident T1;

DROP TABLE T1;       

Flags what Areas Needed exist in Upsizing and identifies them in Downsizing, without having to relay on filters.

I understood that was what you were trying to achieve without relying on in-app filters.

If you call this field [Area Needed Flag_], and select it, it will identify your requirements.

(You could of course rename it...)

Unfortunately, I cannot reload the data...

Antoine

Not applicable
Author

Hi Antione,

That very helpful...getting there.

Revisted our lists and this is where we need the matching to work:

If Area Need in Upsizing list macthes Town in Downsing list = match and would like a flag

If Area Need2 in Downsizing list macthes Town in Upsizing list = match and would like a flag

Can you highlight script for this to work?

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I might have inversed the business logic, and commented for you to be able to make sense of the flags.

Hope it helps,

Antoine