Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

mathematical mystery....

Here is the mystery

Gathering information from 5 excel list in different languages i need to do an overview of the situaiton.

First figure is the following formula

='Participants : ' &num(Count(DISTINCT [Adresse e-mail])) 

second graph...is the following...

=num(Count(DISTINCT [Adresse e-mail])) 

with DImensions Language.

guess what i have a différence of 63 participants....any clue...

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

Distinct is based on the dimension. When you use it in your pie chart, it can be double counted based on Addresse e-mail occurrence in two or more different language

avinashelite

I feel the text is including the [Adresse e-mail] where the language is null but in the pivot table it doesn't include the null hence you might be getting this difference

Kushal_Chawda

Your text box expression should be match when you will use aggr.

='Participants : ' & sum(aggr(Count(DISTINCT [Adresse e-mail]),Language))

Not applicable
Author

so that mean that somebody has been able to register in FRENCH for example AND in ENGLISH ...therefore is counted as 2 ??

is that right ?

sunny_talwar

Yes, because they are in FRENCH and ENGLISH, they are counted twice in the pie chart, but not in the text box object

Not applicable
Author

ok got your point...but does that means that some people where able to register in different languages then ??

Kushal_Chawda

Yes, might be possible. Also check if there are any User who does not have any Language

ashishkalia
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Only two possibilities:-

1. single person applying for multiple courses
  2. If in your field [Adresse e-mail] you by any chance have taken out the name and counting.

i.e. email:- jean@example.com and field [Adresse e-mail] containing only jean its quit possible to have different users with same names.

Else not

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can do a simple check;

Create a Straight table with Dimension [Adresse e-mail] and expression =count(DISTINCT Language). Sort the expression value in descending order. The multiples should come out at the top. If there are any.

Best,

Peter