Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vireshkolagimat
Creator III
Creator III

moving from non-prod to prod

Hi Guys,

I am moving my qvw and source files (excel) from non-prod to prod location but manually i have to change the file path once i copied the qvw from non-prod to prod. what is the best way deal with.

Below are the file path for both non-prod and prod location.

Non-prod:

C:\Users\admin\Desktop\file load\non prod

this non-prod folder contains couple of sub folder where i have different source file.

Prod:

C:\Users\admin\Desktop\file load\Prod

Similarly prod folder have sub folder.

The path C:\Users\admin\Desktop\file load\ is common fr both Non-prod and Prod folder.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Viresh

6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

How do you set the path, I mean by using include or external

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
vireshkolagimat
Creator III
Creator III
Author

currently the path is hard coded like C:\Users\admin\Desktop\file load\non prod\t1\myfile.xlsx

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Assuming that mfile.xlsx exists in both the non-prod and prod paths, you can use relative paths.

C:\Users\admin\Desktop\file load\non prod\mymodel.xlsx

C:\Users\admin\Desktop\file load\non prod\t1\myfile.xlsx

C:\Users\admin\Desktop\file load\prod\mymodel.xlsx

C:\Users\admin\Desktop\file load\prod\t1\myfile.xlsx

Locate the source file using the relative path

t1\myfile.xlsx

When you promote the model to production, no change is required. Check out the Directory keyword in the help/manual as well.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
sasikanth
Master
Master

hi viresh,

Try to maintain one separate .QVS file for DB connections ( EX : DB_Conn.qvs)  and PATHs ,

and include this QVS file in all your Applications, so that if you have any changes only one time you can change the PATH/DBCONN & it will be reflected in all applications.

Through Proper folder structure you can achieve the same , refer below link

https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlikview-folder-structures/

millan123
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Just you can create that path Variable and change that variable in Prod that is very easy for u

vireshkolagimat
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi, I Created the variables to store the path and saved in qvs file.

thanks