Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vireshkolagimat
Creator III
Creator III

moving from non-prod to prod

Hi Guys,

I am moving my qvw and source files (excel) from non-prod to prod location but manually i have to change the file path once i copied the qvw from non-prod to prod. what is the best way deal with.

Below are the file path for both non-prod and prod location.

Non-prod:

C:\Users\admin\Desktop\file load\non prod

this non-prod folder contains couple of sub folder where i have different source file.

Prod:

C:\Users\admin\Desktop\file load\Prod

Similarly prod folder have sub folder.

The path C:\Users\admin\Desktop\file load\ is common fr both Non-prod and Prod folder.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Viresh

6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

How do you set the path, I mean by using include or external

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
vireshkolagimat
Creator III
Creator III
Author

currently the path is hard coded like C:\Users\admin\Desktop\file load\non prod\t1\myfile.xlsx

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Assuming that mfile.xlsx exists in both the non-prod and prod paths, you can use relative paths.

C:\Users\admin\Desktop\file load\non prod\mymodel.xlsx

C:\Users\admin\Desktop\file load\non prod\t1\myfile.xlsx

C:\Users\admin\Desktop\file load\prod\mymodel.xlsx

C:\Users\admin\Desktop\file load\prod\t1\myfile.xlsx

Locate the source file using the relative path

t1\myfile.xlsx

When you promote the model to production, no change is required. Check out the Directory keyword in the help/manual as well.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
sasikanth
Master
Master

hi viresh,

Try to maintain one separate .QVS file for DB connections ( EX : DB_Conn.qvs)  and PATHs ,

and include this QVS file in all your Applications, so that if you have any changes only one time you can change the PATH/DBCONN & it will be reflected in all applications.

Through Proper folder structure you can achieve the same , refer below link

https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlikview-folder-structures/

millan123
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Just you can create that path Variable and change that variable in Prod that is very easy for u

vireshkolagimat
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi, I Created the variables to store the path and saved in qvs file.

thanks