cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

need help

Hello comunity,

I need a clarification.

There are N number of different qvw files names are respectively X.qvw,Y.qvw,Z.qvw.....etc and having some data.

But I want to make dash board style of reports by combining all those into single qlikview application.

Suppose If I go for binary load(load the data from qlikview file),then only one binary statement allows in a application.

In this scenario how could i accomplish my requirement???

Pls help me out in this.

R'ds

QVuser.

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Let each document perform an export of relevant tables into QVDs (at the end of each script and using STORE statements). Then your top-level dashboard only needs to load the QVDs that it needs.

Do those N documents have comparable data models? Then you may prefer to recover the script in each one of them and use it to load'n'concatenate the source data in your top-level document.

To go any further, we need some more insight into your QlikView applications...

manojkvrajan
Luminary
Luminary

Sathish,

It is time to start looking at what you need in the end data model (in final application) and export the data from each of the QVWs as QVD and feed the end application data model. You must definitely consider this step at this moment that will eliminate the data redundancy in the final application.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Manoj, Could you please elaborate this???

manojkvrajan
Luminary
Luminary

Sathish - Assume you have applications - X, Y, Z and you want to build an Application A as mentioned below in the equation X + Y + Z = A. It is not possible for you to do a binary load and have to look at alternatives including exporting the tables of each of these applications into QVDs. Say Application X generates 5 QVDs, Y generates 6 QVDs and Z generates 3 QVDs. Ask the following questions to you..

1) Does your end application (A) requires all these QVDs? If yes, whether all these QVDs have unique data that can be used with no transformation or they have redundant data that can be avoided with few transformation? (Data check)

2) What should be your end Application Data model that would meet all your Business use cases / requirements?

3) Create a transformation layer that would extract the data from all these QVDs generated from each of applications (X, Y, Z) and build a transformed (or even optimized) QVDs with no data redundancy that can be directly used in the end application (A).

I hope this will steer your brain to come up with something useful for your project.