Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikapple
Creator
Creator

need to bing opinion poll (yes/no) in qlikview dashboard

HI All,

I got a requirement form the user, I need to give the Opinion Poll to the user (YES or NO)

Requirement:

In the dashboard  i need to give the options  yes or no (opinion poll  to the users whether they like to use the new application or not ).

and that feed of data (yes or no) should be paced in share point automatically.

is that possible in QlikView?

can anyone please help

Labels (1)
6 Replies
Stoyan_Terziev
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

You can do this using VBA and a text box with a trigger that will export a small csv file called *Username*_poll.csv. (to make sure each user can only have one vote - aka if they click again, they will overwrite the previous)

In this csv you can have 1 col/1row with the value Yes/No or 1/0.

In sharepoint you can load all those CSVs over some time.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

S.T.

qlikapple
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi stoyan,

Can you give sample code for this, if possible any qvw can you please provide so that it will help me please

Stoyan_Terziev
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

That's how your VBA should look like. Add trigger to each Yes/No Text Box chart. Just specify the folder path and the chart ID:

Sub ExportExcel

set obj = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH01")

obj.ExportBiff "C:\CH01.xls"

End sub

qlikapple
Creator
Creator
Author

HI,

can you please give me macro with qvw example so that I can check once please.

Stoyan_Terziev
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Here you go.

Click Ctrl+M to see macro script.

Macros are 2 each initiated by Trigger on the text boxes.

There's a variable which I've set to work as you should do with your users' OSUser.

Enjoy!

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Sahaja, did Stoyan's last post get you what you needed?  If so, do not forget to return to the thread and on his post, use the Accept as Solution button to mark that as having worked.  This gives him credit for the help and lets other Members know it did work.  

Another idea that might be easier would be to potentially consider using something like Survey Monkey and just put a button in the app that calls the Survey Monkey link.  The piece of which I am unsure is if you can get a dump from Survey Monkey to put back into SharePoint etc.  Just wanted to toss that out as an out-of-box idea for you.

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.