Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ellyodelly
Creator
Creator

one or more loops in db structure and dashed lines- not sure why...

message received: One or more loops have been detected in your database structure. Loops may cause ambiguous results and should therefore be avoided. QlikView will cut the loop(s) by setting one or more tables as loosely coupled. Settings for loosely coupled tables can be modified after script execution in the tables page of the document properties dialog

I am attaching a snap shot from table viewer and an export of my script.

I do not understand what the dashed lines with the arrowhead to my DashCtrl table are indicating.   and I am not sure where the loop is?

yep-  I am a newbie-  seeking some light on the subject.

thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You have one loop. In DashCtrl you have two fields AR_Key and SalesOrderKey. These fields each exist in another table. So there are two routes to go from Customers to DashCtrl. That's the loop. Any connection to DashCtrl is shown with a dashed line because of this. What you need to decide is which 'route' you want to keep. You could also look at the other end of the loop. The Customer table links to Receivables and Sales_Order_Invoices. You could remove on of those links too to resolve the loop problem. But I think DashCtrl is probably the better option. Rename one of the two fields so one of the links is removed and the loop is resolved.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You have one loop. In DashCtrl you have two fields AR_Key and SalesOrderKey. These fields each exist in another table. So there are two routes to go from Customers to DashCtrl. That's the loop. Any connection to DashCtrl is shown with a dashed line because of this. What you need to decide is which 'route' you want to keep. You could also look at the other end of the loop. The Customer table links to Receivables and Sales_Order_Invoices. You could remove on of those links too to resolve the loop problem. But I think DashCtrl is probably the better option. Rename one of the two fields so one of the links is removed and the loop is resolved.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
ellyodelly
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks!

Not applicable

hmmm I don't really get it. I'm facing the exact same problem

table pic.PNG

How do  you identify which fields have been looped? How do you resolve it?

djsampat
Creator II
Creator II

The Dashes are the connections to loops. Either Qualify the columns or Concatenate the tables.