Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

only select excluded ID´s

Hi

My brain has stop working...I have 3 lists with ID´s connected to each other by field AGE. One list (A) include all posts that exists in the two others, (B and C). When I select a age I want to see those in list A that´s not in list B or C.

How should I do?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

so easy...

=Count({$<ListA-=P(ListB), ListA-=P(ListC)>}Distinct ListA)

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I'm on a bus and my brain isn't functioning properly either so there's probably a better way but I think you can achieve this with Concat() and set analysis using E()...

Not applicable
Author

sorry, I did´t explain so good.

Tables:

ID_A  from qvd1

ID_B from qvd2

ID_C from qvd3

ID_A have all record that exists in ID_B and ID_C and some more....

I want to get the records in ID_A that are not in B and/or C.

All tables are formated in the same way so yes I can concatenate them but I don´t see why I should do that.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

What do you mean, "get the records"? Do you mean you only want to load records from qvd1 that haven't already been loaded by qvd2 or qvd3?

Or do you want to load all records from all 3 tables and then select something else and only see in white in list A those that aren't in B or C?

Please give some more detail on what you're trying to achieve.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Yes to :

"Or do you want to load all records from all 3 tables and then select something else and only see in white in list A those that aren't in B or C?" 

The field "something else" that I does the selection in are a Age field that are connected to list A. And list A are connected to both B and C.

Not applicable
Author

so easy...

=Count({$<ListA-=P(ListB), ListA-=P(ListC)>}Distinct ListA)

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Isn't that just going o give you a number, not a list?

Not applicable
Author

sorry for late replay. Yes, it just give me a number but in use in a chart with the diffrent lists as dimension it gives a good overview of were the post occur in both or just one place, or only in list a.

Can you think about a better (this does it but not that beutiful) way to do it i´m  really intrested.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Can you please post your data diagram?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the help. Did it´with a multibox where the user select what to exclude and the result in a ordinary tablebox. somethime the easy way is the best.