POLICY_EXPIRY_DATE ,
     Policy_Effective_Year,
     UW_YEAR,
     Month_Difference
   MIN(Date(POLICY_EFFECTIVE_DATE)) AS Min_Date
FROM
temp_table.qvd 
(qvd)  ;

now how i to do order by asc on POLICY_NO and OLD_POLICY_NUMBER and then i  apply group by 

any help please

Labels (3)
23 Replies
sunny_talwar

I think you are not very clear with what your end goal is. It would be difficult to give any suggestions without understand the full context. All we know is

• You need one date per policy
  • You need group by
  • You don't want joins

but no context

capriconuser
Creator
Creator
Author

i mean what i want i get it .. but just asking is this possible to do without joins .. is there anyother way
sunny_talwar

I think I was not very clear before. But without knowing what the context is, it would not be possible to give other ways to do it because I can give you 5 different ways to you and each time you will come back to me saying that is there another way to do it. I will let other handle your request if you are unable to provide more information.

But to answer your question.... yes there are other ways to do this.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Please be sure you are giving credit to those that are helping you by using the Accept as Solution on any posts that helped you get to your solution...  If you are doing something completely different in the end, consider posting what you did so others can learn from that and then mark that as the solution per above.  If you are still working upon things, you are going to need to provide further details per Sunny's request regarding the use case in order for us to be able to provide further details.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.