Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

partial "avg" instead of "sum" in pivot table

Is it possible, to use a partial "average" instead of the partial sum ? It is possible to use it for one collumn, but is it possible, to use the average for all collumns (like partial sum) ?

partial average pivot2.jpg

Even so, by using "=Avg(data)" in the partial sum field, it sometimes produces errors. has anyone an idea why this happens ?

The avg of 3x temperature should be 66C, but QV shows 22C. For another dataset, the same table shows the right data.

partial average pivot.jpg

i read some other discussions, which were dealing only with partial AVG, but

- there are few

- there was no successfull answer to this particular problem.

Thank you for your suggestions in advance. Im shure im not the only one looking for this solution.

Have a nice new year.

Alex

2 Replies
MVP
MVP

partial "avg" instead of "sum" in pivot table

You are using a pivot table, I believe in a pivot table, the partial sum is actually a subtotal with an expression Total (despite the name 'Sum', it is depending on your expression what you get).

To get an average subtotal, I think you could either

- use advanced aggregation (look into the sum-of-rows example in the Help)

or

- check for dimensionality() and use separate expressions for most granular and subtotal lines.

See also the Help on dimensionality() function, please.

If you upload a small data set, someone might be able to help you figure out the correct syntax, too.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable

Re: partial "avg" instead of "sum" in pivot table

swuehl:

You are using a pivot table, I believe in a pivot table, the partial sum is actually a subtotal with an expression Total (despite the name 'Sum', it is depending on your expression what you get).

I think thats the problem. I will look into the "dimensionality()" function.

When i find a Solution or a new angel, i will post it here.