I have the script below which applies section access on my dashboard. So everytime I make changes to the spreadsheet it's pointing to I have to do a full reload to apply the changes which takes quite long.
Can you please assist with "partial reload" script as I tried with the one below and it's not working: Or do I need two scripts, one for partial reload and one for full? How does it work?
section access; if IsPartialReload() then
Access: Replace LOAD Upper(ACCESS) as ACCESS, Upper(USERID) as USERID, Upper(PASSWORD) as PASSWORD, Upper(NTNAME) as NTNAME, Upper([Business Unit]) as [BUSINESSUNIT] FROM [D:\QlikView\FTP\Matlotlo\Users Access List_MatlotloWIP.xlsx] (ooxml, embedded labels, table is [Section Access]);
Thank you @ST . But now the qvw that I create the binary script on, does it need to have the same data load as the original document? or is it just a blank document with no data set, just binary load and section access script?
Because I made a copy of the original document and added binary load and section access script and deleted the section access script on the original one. I'm now running the one with binary load and reload time seems to be the same as before?
Matlotlo, I think what Stoyan was suggesting was to keep the original app as the data model etc., and the new app would have the Section Access script as well as the layout from the original app too. The binary of the original into the new app would put the data model plus the section access into the new app for you. That all being said, the only reason of which I can think things would be slow would most likely be something in the data model not being optimized and tied into the reduction field you are using etc. Hopefully this helps, I am sure Stoyan will pop back too, I just wanted to try to help here...
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Thank you @BrettBleess . Yes you are right, the model itself is not optimized, it's huge with a couple of sync keys. Optimizing it will be a mission but has to be done in due course. I did run the binary load but it still took the same amount of time so since I'm just testing access I'm doing a partial reload. Thank you all for the assistance @Stoyan_Terziev .