Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nkosinde13
Creator
Creator

partial reload section access

Good day community

I have the script below which applies section access on my dashboard. So everytime I make changes to the spreadsheet it's pointing to  I have to do a full reload to apply the changes which takes quite long.

Can you please assist with "partial reload" script  as I tried with the one below and it's not working: Or do I need two scripts, one for partial reload and one for full? How does it work?

section access;
if IsPartialReload() then

Access:
Replace LOAD Upper(ACCESS) as ACCESS,
Upper(USERID) as USERID,
Upper(PASSWORD) as PASSWORD,
Upper(NTNAME) as NTNAME,
Upper([Business Unit]) as [BUSINESSUNIT]
FROM
[D:\QlikView\FTP\Matlotlo\Users Access List_MatlotloWIP.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is [Section Access]);

section Application;

Grouping:
Replace LOAD NTNAME As [NT NAME],
[OS GROUPING],
HR,
[Title Manco],
Exceptions

FROM
[D:\QlikView\FTP\Matlotlo\Users Access List_MatlotloWIP.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is [Section Access Detail]);

Thanks and regards

4 Replies
Stoyan_Terziev
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Try this:

Copy your QVW without the access script.

Create new QVW which uses Binary Load to the first QVW and applies the Section Access (That' would be the QVW you want to point your users to).

Binary load usually goes much faster than what your script would normally take to execute since it only loads the data previously transformed.

Kind regards,

S.T.

nkosinde13
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you @ST . But now  the qvw that I create the binary script on, does it need to have the same data load as the original document? or is it just a blank document with no data set, just binary load and section access script?

Because I made a copy of the original document and added binary load and section access script and deleted the section access script on the original one. I'm now running the one with binary load and reload time seems to be the same as before? 

Thanks

Matlotlo

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Matlotlo, I think what Stoyan was suggesting was to keep the original app as the data model etc., and the new app would have the Section Access script as well as the layout from the original app too.  The binary of the original into the new app would put the data model plus the section access into the new app for you.  That all being said, the only reason of which I can think things would be slow would most likely be something in the data model not being optimized and tied into the reduction field you are using etc.  Hopefully this helps, I am sure Stoyan will pop back too, I just wanted to try to help here...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
nkosinde13
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you @Brett_Bleess . Yes  you are right, the model itself is not optimized, it's huge with a couple of sync keys. Optimizing it will be a mission but has to be done in due course. I did run the binary load but it still took the same amount of time so since I'm just testing access I'm doing a partial reload. Thank you all for the assistance @Stoyan_Terziev .

Regards

Matlotlo