Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ananyaghosh
Creator III
Creator III

problem in common collumn names in more than 4 table

Hi,

I am facing a circular loop problem in my data model which has almost same column name like this:

[Rep];                           [Office]:                         [Firm]:                        

Geo Rep Key               Geo Office Key             Geo Firm Key

now the above columns  match with the below master tables' column:

[Geography]:

Geo Key

So the geo key of [Geography] table exists in those above three column and if I change those name to [Geo Key], it generate the circular loop. So please give me a suggestion that how can I prepare my data model so that [Geo Key] with point to the other three column in the data model.

Thanks,

Sandip

3 Replies
avinashelite

One way is to rename the columns ....get your complete data model will check and suggest the better way

Not applicable

you need to work on the datamodel. try to create single fact table and renamed Geo_key same in all table so that data model will look like star schema.

if that is not possible then you need to check for the link table.

share your datamodel

chris_johnson
Creator III
Creator III

Like the above have said we would need to see your data model. Go into the Table Viewer and take a screenshot of that and post it here. That will give us a better idea of your problem.

Having multiple tables with the same fields in would cause a synthetic key (where the tables are linked on multiple fields) as opposed to a circular reference, so it may be that you have another problem to solve in your data model