cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjyadav94
Contributor II
Contributor II

qlick versions

can anyone please let me know what is the difference between qlikview 10 and 11?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

@stevedark wrote:

The answer is very little in the way of features.  That said it is a very long time since I used QlikView 10. Did containers arrive then? 

Correct you are. Version 10 was the first to have containers (and by version 11, iirc, they were largely getting phased out for minimize/maximize trigger buttons made to look like tabs).

A little Google-fu turned up the What's New document in public space:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Layout-Visualizations/New-Features-of-Qlikview-11/td-p/301306...

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Check the QlikView 11 release notes for "What's new in QlikView 11". However, both of these versions are no longer supported (QlikView 11.2 is supported for a few more months) - the current version is 12.3 and supported versions are 11.2 (until March 2019), 12.1 (until November 2019), and 12.2 (until November 2020). Unless you have a good reason to need a specific older version, using a newer and supported version is recommended.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There have not been any major changes in QlikView for some time. The focus is certainly on Sense. The back end changed, too use the same calculation engine as Sense - this had very little front end impact though.  The ability to interface with R and Python has been added.  Apart from that it is mostly performance and stability changes. 

It is worth getting on the latest version though,  Nov 18 at time of writing. 

Each release is accompanied by release notes,  so going back through these will let you know exactly what has changed. 

rjyadav94
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

thanks for your reply.. but i am asking in terms of features and other things
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The answer is very little in the way of features.  That said it is a very long time since I used QlikView 10. Did containers arrive then? 

Or
MVP
MVP

@stevedark wrote:

Correct you are. Version 10 was the first to have containers (and by version 11, iirc, they were largely getting phased out for minimize/maximize trigger buttons made to look like tabs).

A little Google-fu turned up the What's New document in public space:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Layout-Visualizations/New-Features-of-Qlikview-11/td-p/301306...