cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jvdepaul
Contributor
Contributor

qlikview personal edition 12.30 64 bit

after installing Qlikview Personal Edition 64 bit,  ver 12.30  (nov 2018),  i went to put in license information or do any other activity, and the program hangs (error message says qlikview is not responding) ... I can quit the program or wait until it responds, but it never does.   Has anyone got a solution to his problem?

7 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi! 
Is this a new installation or an upgrade?
I would say: rename the %appdata%\QlikTech\QlikView\ folder and try again.

Also make sure that antivirus excludes that folder.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
jvdepaul
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your reply. That being said, I don't understand your instructions. Can you please provide more specifics / detail steps.

john
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

• Keep the client closed
  • Open any Windows explorer folder (or type Windows Key + R) and go to %appdata%\QlikTech\
  • rename the QlikView folder inside there
  • make sure that that folder is excluded from antivirus scan
  • start the client again

Hope this helps!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
jvdepaul
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Sorry, still not working.
jvdepaul
Contributor
Contributor
Author

This is not an upgrade.  I loaded it on an older machine with only 4G RAM;  same antivirus, same windows version and it worked.  For whatever reason, it is not working on my newer HP laptop.  It's strange.

Josh_Berg_Support

Do you see anything in the Windows logs after Qlikview Desktop fails?  Are other people in your organization having the same issue running Qlikview Desktop?

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Check on the machine not working in the following path:

C:\Users\UserProfileName\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView

Are there any files there at all?  If so, and one of them is the Settings.ini, you can try to rename it or the entire folder and see if that will get things working, only thing of which I can think here that could be hanging things up.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.