Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

qlikview server system monitoring

in qlikview server system monitoring i am getting this error while reloading 

what is meant by "XML document must have a top level element?".

Capture123.JPG

5 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That particular Task Result file is probably being (re)written at the exact same moment your system monitor is trying to read it. It may therefor still be empty (no top level structure). Rerun your system monitor document and see if that solves the problem.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry , still the problem is continuing

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Mahendra,

May be you are fetching data from Share point site list or some other web files.

So first check weather you have the connection properly or not?

it is better to share the entire Log file our folks/We will analyse and give solution ASAP.

else

Re: QlikView 10 System Monitor dashboard failing. Error message:XML document must have a top level e...

I have faced the same issue for some days, and the problem seems to be related to an empty XML file in the TaskResults subfolder. In your case, it was:

file:///C:/ProgramData/QlikTech/DistributionService/TaskResults/TaskResult_9267342f-3e30-493f-a0bf-d....

By simply renaming that file extension to .xml_EMPTY instead of .xml, the reload task in Publisher worked fine again for the QV System Monitor. I guess the file could have been deleted as well.

I think the file was empty because some Publisher task was manually aborted and the system was unable to write it.

It is not usual, but it can happens.

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

seems some problem with ur link on first line,can u copy past that link on ur browser and see..whether u r able to see that data on xml format?

hareeshkumar_gv
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Rama,

I have changed the file extension from .xml to .xml_EMPTY. I am getting error message that file path not found. I tried in refresh of the application in desktop and QMC also. Please help me. Thanks in advance.