Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alma1234
Contributor III
Contributor III

question about set analysis

Hello,

I have a field selection of a year: OrderYear. I want to make in a clock a set analysis for the selected year.

I tried this but it doesn't work:

=

num(sum ( {$<YearProfitPercent_Year=::Orders_Year>} YearProfitPercent_YearPercent),'#,##0.00%')

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Are both fields value sets compatible (e.g. both show numbers 2000 to 2013)?

Are your two year fields linked with each other in your data model? If so, if you select a year in Orders_Year, the same year is possible in YearProfitPercent_Year?

Alma1234
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, they are connected and compatible. Thanks,

I think it might be something small with the syntax

נשלח מה-iPhone שלי

ב-Jul 7, 2013, בשעה 4:53 PM, swuehl <qcwebmaster@qlik.com> כתב/ה:

QlikCommunity

Re: question about set analysis

created by swuehl in New to QlikView - View the full discussion

Are both fields value sets compatible (e.g. both show numbers 2000 to 2013)?

Are your two year fields linked with each other in your data model? If so, if you select a year in Orders_Year, the same year is possible in YearProfitPercent_Year?

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on QlikCommunity

Start a new discussion in New to QlikView by email or at QlikCommunity

© 1993-2011 QlikTech International AB Copyright & Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Use | Software EULA

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you think so, try simplifying your expression (remove the num() formatting, check if your expression works with a constant field set modifier, e.g.

YearProfitPercent_Year= {2013}

Your data model may cause this issue, too, maybe you need to ignore the selection in Orders_Year:

sum ( {$<YearProfitPercent_Year=::Orders_Year, Orders_Year= >} YearProfitPercent_YearPercent)

But I don't know enough about your model and setting, so if possible, it would be helpful to post a sample qvw that demonstrate your issue.