Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewbieToQV
Contributor II
Contributor II

"Others" is not showing information in bar chart

Hi,

I am new to QV. I have created a chart which the dimension is

count(DISTINCT [RAID]) / count( DISTINCT TOTAL <[Type]> [RAID] )  <- I need to show the proportion within each Type

However, in "Dimension Limits" for Type, when I restrict to show first 6 values + Show Others, Others is blank in the chart.

Pls help. Thanks!

6 Replies
shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Hi

Can I have some sample data?

ramasaisaksoft

Hi SY,

If your expression is correct and giving some values either it may be +ve or -Ve values then surely "OTHERS" will show in Dimension limit

Any way if i control Dimension Limit as 5 means, First Largest 4 Dimensions  and 5th one is Last i.e OTHERS.

FYR...

others.PNG

NewbieToQV
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi all,

I have attached the qvw file to show the issue and for testing. Thks!

Capture.PNG

Surya
Creator II
Creator II

Hi im open your application in my system others also shown..no problem in qvw just expand and check it once again..

3/3 =1 the value will shown finally 1 ..its correct

NewbieToQV
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

QV version issue?

My version is 11.20.12904.0 SR12

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would recommend you hit the download site and pull 11.20 SR19, that is the latest SR in the 11.20 track, if this is a bug issue, I would expect it should be addressed there.  Hopefully that is something you can try.  Just note, if that works, you will likely have to update your server-side at that point, or the users may see the same issue, but it is possible QVS and Ajax may not have an issue too, cannot say for sure, so be sure to test etc.  Hope this helps.

It is always a good idea to keep up on the SRs, they are just bug fix releases, should not be new functionality in them, so sort of like a Windows Update etc. if that helps put it into better perspective, hopefully this may do the trick.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.