Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dominicanlauf
Contributor III
Contributor III

"Sum" function ignore duplicate records

Hello everybody,

I have not worked so long with QlikView and need some help!

The point is that I have a machine that sets a timestamp at the beginning of a production cycle and another at the end of the production cycle.

The calculation of the production time per piece thus results from "ENDTIME-STARTTIME" - where ENDTIME and STARTTIME are the respective time stamps.

The problem is that Qlikview contains multiple identical STARTTIME records because of links to junk-related data. However, I would like to ignore these in my calculation because I want to calculate the actual production time of the machine.

My function looks like this:

sum (END_TIME-START_TIME)

But how do I get it now, that is checked first, whether START_TIME contains duplicate values ​​and ignored if necessary. I know that the DISTINCT command offers a possibility, but the problem is that I can not make any changes in the script, but can only do calculations with charts and tables because I lack certain access rights.

Thanks in advance,

Dominic

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

Is these a field/s which uniquely defines a single run? For example a Machine and Date might give you one and only one START and END Time?

dominicanlauf
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Lathestat..png

@sunny_talwar wrote:

Is these a field/s which uniquely defines a single run? For example a Machine and Date might give you one and only one START and END Time?

It looks like that. For example: 27.12.2018 12:43:29 - 27.12.2018 12:51:28 There are 2 entries, although only one order was made.

Thanks!

sunny_talwar

How do you know if it was part of the single order? Is it because it has the same exact value?