Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

run .qvw file in Qlikview server

Hello Everyone,

I have a .qvw file which was created by my colleague with Qlikview Personal Edition.

Now I have Qlikview server installed, how can I open/run that file through the server ?

What I did:

Copied that .qvw file into some folder in the server.

Open Qlikview Management Console and set the root folder (where my .qvw file is present)

I am not sure what else I have to do after these steps.

26 Replies
novonieldeb
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Narendra,

I think you dont have to worry much about reload etc. Just :

1. Put QVW into the mount/publish folder of the QV Server.

2. Go to QMC>Documents>User Documents. You will see the file there. Click on it and on the right go to the authorization tab and set as all named users or authorized user

3. Now you should have at least one user ID with its password with you. It can be a named cal or doc cal (if you want to use a DOC cal then you will need to assign the user ID as a DOC cal for this QVW document.

4. Now access your Access Point and you should be able to access the application.

PS: Applying Section Access would depend on whether you want to give specific rights. You can set that later if you want.

Let me know.

Not applicable
Author

Hi novonieldeb

Everything is ok except your 3rd point

I don't have any username & password with me, there is no login for the qvw file which I have created .

novonieldeb
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Narendra,

As you have mentioned that you want to access/run this document through QV Server (Access Point), you would ideally require username and password.

Moreover you wont need a separate username and password (assuming that the QVW is already not set with any userID in Section Access i.e. SA is not applied on it). You can use any userid to log into the Access Point which you might have created after installing the QVS and its license. If you have just installed it and not created any ID then if required you can add your login (the ID using which you log into the QVS machine...assuming that its a domain user and the AD/LDAP in DSC is already set) OR you can create a CUSTOM user through DSC (you will need to change the setting in the QMC>QVS as DMS for this) and then use that ID.

However you can try accessing the Access Point through Anonymous user and check but for that first you will need to go to QMC>QVS>in the tab marked as authorization/security, you will need to select Anonymous

If you dont want to access the QVW through Access Point but just want to open the application in the QVS machine, then:

1. Install QV Desktop version (obvious)

2. Create a named user in License section of QMC and lease a QV Desktop license.

3. You can then open it in the QV Desktop version easily.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Narendra,

Below link will give you more details for QMC.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.0/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QMC_Introduction.htm?_ga=1.13697061...

Firstly, you have to create task on QMC in the document tab under the source document.in that you have different types of option like assigning the trigger, reduced the document if you want.

Then in Status tab under Task,in which you can find different types of folder where you mount you qvw application.

then you can simply run task.If everything goes successfully then task status should be waiting,in this you can run the qvw app in server.

Secondly,Save you qvw application into where you want to  mount/publish folder of the QV Server.then go to QMC>Documents>User Documents. You will see the file there. Click on it and on the right go to the authorization tab and set as all named users or authorized user.

Yo can see you qvw application on the  Access point.

Thanks,

YJ

MK9885
Master II
Master II

QDS.png

You've not probably entered details in QDS.

Check the above Image, create a source & user document folder on server, give that path in the below...
I'd suggest go through the https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.0/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QMC_Introduction.htm?_ga=1.16129164...

or watch on Youtube, how to setup QMC

Not applicable
Author

have you got the answer

Not applicable
Author

Hi yogesh_sj

I am following your second option.

I have added the source folder (where qvw files present) in the mounted folders and try to open Qlikview Access point , but I don't know why Qlikview Access Point is not running.

it is throwing 404 page not found, once it is fixed, i will let you know whether I am able to view the qvw file in access point or not.

novonieldeb
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Narendra,

The said error comes when the Access Point is not accessible, ideally due to any of the following reasons:

1. QVWS service is not running

Check the services.msc. Also check the Services section in the QMC and look for any error

2. If QVWS service is running, there is possibility of port 80 being used by some other application or service

You can check that by stopping the QVWS service and running "Telnet localhost 80". If it shows the port as running then some other is using this port. This can then be checked with "netstat" command

3. URL to Access Point incorrect

Share the Access Point URL you are using

Also let me know whether all the services are installed in the same machine and which all are running.

PS: Disable accessing URLs through a proxy server so that the URL hits directly to the local machine port

Not applicable
Author

Hi novonieldeb

Finally I am able to access the qvw files in the access point.

I have deployed 2 files in QVS and able to see those 2 in the access point through some url (that url is opening the access point). by giving username & password I am able to login to that page.

But out of 2 qvw files, I am able to view only one, which has section access implemented in it.

When I open the qvw file which is having section access, it is asking for userid & pwd, and then after the authentication, it is working fine.

When I try to open the qvw file, which is not having section access, it is still asking username & pwd, I am giving the same username & pwd which allows me to login to the Access Point, but those are not working this time.

Can you let me know how to create users to access the qvw files in the access point ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi arvind654

Now I am able to view qvw files in Access Point and I can open those files from access point.

What do you mean for "For first time you need to run the .qvw in qmc." ??

I didn't understand that one.