Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

script error

Hello

Being new to QV and SQL and lots of other things(!) - I'm not too sure why this won't load in my script. I get an error message saying

Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'FROM'.

Can anyone help?

SQL SELECT search_Incident_IncidentTypes.IncidentID,
     search_Incident_IncidentTypes.IncidentType,
     search_Incident_IncidentTypes.bActive, search_Incident_Custom_Joined.DateSubmitted,
     search_Incident_Custom_Joined.DateRaised, search_Incident_Custom_Joined.Region,
     search_Incident_Custom_Joined.Status, dbo_search_Incident_Custom_Joined.Site,

FROM (V_IncidentDB.dbo.search_Incident_IncidentTypes) INNER JOIN V_IncidentDB.dbo_search_Incident_Custom_Joined ON
search_Incident_IncidentTypes.IncidentID = search_Incident_Custom_Joined.IncidentID

WHERE
((search_Incident_IncidentTypes.bActive)=1) AND ((search_Incident_Custom_Joined.DateSubmitted) Is Not Null) AND
((search_Incident_Custom_Joined.Site)<>'Test Site') AND ((DateRaised) >= '4/1/2012');

4 Replies
manisha_uit
Contributor

Re: script error

Hi,

Remove the comma from the last field (dbo_search_Incident_Custom_Joined.Site)

Then it should work...

Thanks

Manisha

Not applicable

thanks but its still not loading correctly - what else can I try?

a_mullick
Contributor II

Hi,

Double check the way you have qualified the field names. It looks like a typo could be causing the problem?

search_Incident_Custom_Joined.Status, dbo_search_Incident_Custom_Joined.Site,

FROM (V_IncidentDB.dbo.search_Incident_IncidentTypes) INNER JOIN

Thanks,

Azam

Not applicable

thats all working now thanks both of you

Community Browser