Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

nevilledhamsiri
Valued Contributor

searching for same dimension being repeated from one year to the other

Hi Every body

What script adjustment I need to do if I am to find out which pol policy numbers are repeated from 2017 to 2018. I look forward a very elaborated answer on this with working. (Kindly let me have the answer on the reply itself since I am on the Personnel licence).

Thank you very much in advance

Neville

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: searching for same dimension being repeated from one year to the other

Hi Neville, I don't understand, that code only flags with '1' policy numbers from 2018 that where loaded in 2017.

5 Replies
nevilledhamsiri
Valued Contributor

Please help me on this.

Thanks

Hi neville, can you try?

2017:

LOAD BRANCH_CODE, CLASS_CODE, PRODUCT_CODE, POL_POLICY_NO, NAME, REF_NO, FROM_DATE, END_DATE, POL_SUM_INSURED, TR_DATE, TR_TYPE, CP, RS, TC, TOTAL, MARKETING_PERSON

FROM (ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet2)

2018:

LOAD BRANCH_CODE, CLASS_CODE, PRODUCT_CODE, POL_POLICY_NO, NAME, REF_NO, FROM_DATE, END_DATE, POL_SUM_INSURED, TR_DATE, TR_TYPE, CP, RS, TC, TOTAL, MARKETING_PERSON, Q, R, S, T,

If(Exists(POL_POLICY_NO), 1, 0) as isRepeated // Flag for repeated policy numbers

FROM (ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet3)

nevilledhamsiri
Valued Contributor

Hi Ruben, Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the delay in responding as I was away.I need to verify with you as to what it carries other than 1 & 0. Because other than 1 & 0, there are  just bank rows with data.To what type they are fallen in to?. Total records value equal to Rs 17,294,133 whereas 1 equal to Rs 3,054,895 & 0 equal to Rs 3,327,820

Hi Neville, I don't understand, that code only flags with '1' policy numbers from 2018 that where loaded in 2017.

nevilledhamsiri
Valued Contributor

Thanks Ruben. The logic you propose is right

Neville