Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

select year in the graph

Hi QlikView experts over the world!

is possible introduce one dimension in the graph? I am asking because after having expand one graph I lose the option to change my selection. It would be more user friendly if I could select the year/quarter in the graph itself instead of minimize again and select.

Thanks in advance from Berlin!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Yes you can create a group of fields and use them as dimension called as cyclic group.

Go to Settings-> Document Properties -> Group -> Click on New -> Group setting window will open. Here you can give the name to group, select fields you want in group.

Once you done with creating group, go to properties of your chart and add group dimension. You will see the name of the group at the top of the fields.

Hope this is what you want.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Yes you can create a group of fields and use them as dimension called as cyclic group.

Go to Settings-> Document Properties -> Group -> Click on New -> Group setting window will open. Here you can give the name to group, select fields you want in group.

Once you done with creating group, go to properties of your chart and add group dimension. You will see the name of the group at the top of the fields.

Hope this is what you want.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

very helpful, thanks a lot!