cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

session cal Asigining

Hi Experts,

Could please provide me the steps to Assigning Session cal's . Means creating a username & Password and assigning to Dashboard.

In Advance

Thank You

10 Replies
arasantorule
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Anil,

Session CALS does not required to be assigned using username and password. I believe the below thread will help you.

How to assign session CAL? | Qlik Community

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What error you are facing?

How do you are getting username & Password?

Is it from Section Access/Excel or from Company Directory you are fetching User Details?

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Anil,

pls Go through this thread

Re: How to assign session CAL?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm not getting any Error and Not fetching any information from Company directory .I have to create Custom defined User Name and Password either through Excel or some other procedure . Don't have any section access work now.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Okay,

First create a section access with your custom user list and integrate it into your data model.

And then add those user into QMC to assign the CALs.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Anil,

Session CAL is assigned automatically when a session CAL is available, the only thing you have to do is enable Dynamic CAL Assignment option in

QMC -> System -> Setup -> Licenses -> Qlikview SErver -> Client Access Licenses-> Enable All Dynamic CAL Assignment option.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Mohan for the prompt response.

I need DMS authorization (QlikView controls file access) .Could please guide me to create control file access.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

It should work for DMS also, please check.

Regards,

jagan.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Anil,

If you got the answer please close this thread by giving Correct Answer.

Regards,

jagan.