Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suren946
Contributor III
Contributor III

show only selected values in Listbox

Hi All,

Could some one help me to solve the below issue. I have a Listbox1(Queue) with values 

Queue
Production Completed
UAT Testing Completed
Submitted for UAT Testing
Submitted for Packaging

and Listbox2(Complexity)

Complexity
Complex
Medium
Simple

I just want to hide excluded values from Listbox1(Queue)  upon section on Listbox2(Complexity). Putting below expressions in Listbox1(Queue) didn't helped me to get expected output.

=Aggr(Queue,Queue)

=aggr(Only({<Queue >} Queue), Queue)

Image.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
suepenick
Creator
Creator

I wouldn't hide them.  They are greyed out and tell the story that there are none in the Medium groupfor submitted for Packaging and Production complete.  We know that because we can see that.  if you hid them, you don't know what you are missing.

Visually you can always understand the data presented.  Training your users will help them see the big picture.  If they can't see certain info, they won't understand and start asking why don't I see .....

Just my opinion based on alot of internal analysis of a very huge amount of QVD's, data sets, etc.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
suepenick
Creator
Creator

I wouldn't hide them.  They are greyed out and tell the story that there are none in the Medium groupfor submitted for Packaging and Production complete.  We know that because we can see that.  if you hid them, you don't know what you are missing.

Visually you can always understand the data presented.  Training your users will help them see the big picture.  If they can't see certain info, they won't understand and start asking why don't I see .....

Just my opinion based on alot of internal analysis of a very huge amount of QVD's, data sets, etc.

shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Can you try this?

Capture.JPG

ychaitanya
Creator III
Creator III

Don'u put this as an Additional expresssion on your 2nd Tab in Listbox Properties.

Use the same expr in the 1st tab of listbox properties under Field dropdown.

Hope that should work

Thanks

CY

suren946
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your reply but my requirement is to remove the Grey area as well from the Listbox

suren946
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I tried below expressions with Listbox1(Queue) and i don't think we can put any expression under listbox properties under Field dropdown

=Aggr(Queue,Queue)

=aggr(Only({<Queue >} Queue), Queue)

suren946
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks. I will try to educate customer to atleast some extent

ychaitanya
Creator III
Creator III

click on the field in the List box Properties... Expression will be at the end of the list ..

Select that and paste the above expression, you will get the result.