Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

show vbscript progress

Is there a way in vbscript to show progress of the script I am executing? I wrote a macro when runs makes the qlikview report looks like it's frozen. Is there a display box or anything that will show the status of the vbscript run. Thanks

1 Reply
MVP
MVP

show vbscript progress

I've done this before, but it wasn't nearly good enough to use in a real application.  I believe I had the script keep updating a variable or a field with its calculated % progress, and then I had a gauge that tracked the progress.  As I recall, the problem was that while the script was executing, actual display updates were rare, so even if the script took half a minute to run and updated the variable 100 times during that half a minute, I might only see the chart update three times.  Also as I recall, I could fix that problem by forcing a wait for idle after every progress update.  But then what happened was a half a minute script turned into a five minute script.  All numbers are made up since I don't remember the exact situation, but it was something along those lines.

So no, I don't have a solution.  I hope someone has a better idea, or maybe there's a way to get my idea to work, but I had no success.

Community Browser