cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

sort order change on straight table based on button selction

Hi team,

my requirement is to change the column sort order of the straight table based on button selection

example: i have straight table with 5 columns emp name,manager name, date, grade and salary and on the top I have a box with 3 buttons. Now I need to present the table with sort orders on different columns based on the button selection.

Is there any way we can achieve this using one single straight table

Thanks,

Pani

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Pani

There is no way to achieve this functionality using one single straight table. Its possible with multiple tables.

Thanks

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

which type of sorting you want ?

alphabetical sorting for the dimensions and ascending./ descending sorting for measures ?

or only sorting for measures ?3

and you have only one Measure (salary) ? or Grade is also a measure ?

Try to attach sample data, there is way to do this

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply

As I mentioned earlier I will have 3 buttons.

If I click on first button, table should sort based on emp name field in ascending order.

If I click on second button, table should sort based on date field in descending order.

If I click on third button, it should based on measure say for suppose which ever manager has more reportees, he should come on top and which ever manager has least reportees he should in the last. So descending based on count of reportees.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

ok, would you be able to attach sample data (some rows) to make the tests ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am unable to attach file

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

You don't know how to attach or you cant because it is confidential ??

If it is confidential, create some (sample) rows on an excel file and attach it Or create an inline load here