cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ellyodelly
Creator
Creator

started with Personal, now have Server- data source and dev questions

I have created a few projects (.qvw and .qvd)  and now we have purchased QlikView Server standard.  Do most companies continue to develop on their desktops and then move completed projects to Server or is there a benefit to moving all the development work to the server as well?

and I wonder for larger amounts of data do you use the transactional database as the source for the QVDs or are many companies building data warehouse databases and using those as the source.  is there a benefit to using a data warehouse?

2 Replies
Not applicable

With such an open question, I recommend you read some white papers from QlikView.com: QlikView Architectural Overview, Role of IT in Business Discovery, etc.

And what's best, at the end of these documents you will find more references to other useful documents.

Hope this helps,

ellyodelly
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank You Juan for the response.  I have read many of the documents and will continue to do so.  But we all know that sometimes companies find their own way that work best for them - i was just wondering if anyone had any further insight.