Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Not applicable

sum(last year's sales)

Hi, I'm kind of new to qlikview and please forgive me for cross-posting - This is a better spot for this:

I have Sales data by month/year.  To create an annualized sum(sales) for the current year (regardless of user's selections) I created this expression:    

=12*(Sum({1<Year = {"=Year(Today())"}>} Sales) / (Month(Today())))

That works fine.

But now I want to get last year's total sales (again, regardless of current selections).  So, I figure this oughta work:

=Sum({1<Year = {"=(Year(Today())-1)"}>} Sales)

But that yields the Current YTD total.

Thanks for any hints.  -E.

4 Replies
Not applicable

sum(last year's sales)

And now, after fiddling around and eventually returning to this expression

=Sum({1<Year = {"=(Year(Today())-1)"}>} Sales)

is yielding 0.

I'm getting a different answer with the exact same code.  Oh well.  I don't know.

I guess the question is changed then,  How do I retrieve sum(last year's sales)?

Not applicable

sum(last year's sales)

I use =sum({<Year={$(=max(Year)-1)}>} Sales) to get the prior year's sales.

Not applicable

Re: sum(last year's sales)

thanks.  that does work.  not eactly what I was looking for though.  I'd like to find what last year's total was regardless of current selections. Today, Last Year would be 2010.

But now, this isn't working anymore:

=12*(Sum({1<Year = {"=Year(Today())"}>} Sales) / (Month(Today))

I didn't do anything to it. it just stopped working correctly.  It is giving me a total based on the current Year selected. 

I guess I'll switch to a straight table and hide the column if the Selected Year != the current year.

thanks again.

Not applicable

sum(last year's sales)

in the second half of your expression change the (month(today)) to (month(today())) & it should work.