Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isciberras
Creator
Creator

sum the value of distinct orders

Hi All,

Would really appreciate some help as I am stuck. I would like to sum a column named values for all distinct orders.

OrderReferenceValue

Basically the values for each order reference will be the same so I just want to sum the value for each unique order reference.

Would anyone be able to help me please? Also sum (distinct OrderRefernece) won't work as some order references will have the same value as another order reference.

Thanks,

Isaac

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be this

Sum(Aggr(Value, OrderReference))

View solution in original post

8 Replies
sunny_talwar

What is the expected output for the data you have provided above?

isciberras
Creator
Creator
Author

9 would be my ideal answer basically (2+3+4) ...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

sunny_talwar

May be this

Sum(Aggr(Value, OrderReference))

isciberras
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Sunny, this has been really helpful. Can I just confirm my logic as to what's happening here?

Are we aggregating order reference and summing the value?

Thanks again for your help, really appreciate it.

shanky1907
Creator II
Creator II

In Sunny's expression we are aggregating 'Value on the field OrderReference

effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Isaac,

When you close the thread Sunny's answer should be marked as correct but in the meantime if I may I'd like to explain how the Aggr function is working here.

Aggr(Value, OrderReference) creates what may be described as an in-memory straight table with expression Only(Value) and dimension OrderReference. If you could see the table it would look like this:

OrderReference only(Value)

The Aggr function returns an array of values for Only(Value) - the values for each distinct OrderReference. You want the sum of these so we wrap the sum() function around the Aggr expression. It's a bit like setting the Total Mode in a straight table to the Sum of Rows:

OrderReference only(Value)

Just as you can set the Total Mode in a straight table to Avg, Min, Max, etc you can use the aggregation function of your choice to wrap around the Aggr expression.

Cheers

Andrew

isciberras
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Shashank Vyas, very helpful

isciberras
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Andrew, really appreciate your explanation