Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alwayslearning
Creator
Creator

sum to latest month

Hi

I have a field named month which give me data in a dd/mm/yyyy format.  I then have a target column I want to just sum to latest month. i.e. if it is November there will be data for the full year but I want it to just show up to November.

One other thing is that I don't want this figure to change no matter what selection is made by the user from the various Listboxes I have.

Thanks

12 Replies
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

If you Don't have YearStart Field then

sum({1<CalendarDate = {">=$(=Date(YearStart(Max(CalendarDate))))<=$(=Date(Max(CalendarDate)))"}>}Target)

else

sum({1<CalendarDate = {">=$(=Date(Max(YearStart)))<=$(=Date(Max(CalendarDate)))"}>}Target)

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Why can't simple set operator

And you should have month field from script

Month(Datefield) as Month

And then try to use this from your expression.

Sum({<Month = {'$(=Max(Month))'}>}Sales)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
alwayslearning
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

Both the above expressions return me the total year value and not up to the latest month.

I don't have a year start value. I do have a year field but it is not a date format and just a string yyyy

alwayslearning
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Anil,

Thanks for the help

This only returns me the latest month.  I want a sum of all month's up to the latest.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Then use something like this

Sum({<Month = {>=Month(YearStart(Today())) <= Max(Month)}>}Sales)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Use the below in Master Calendar script

If( Date > monthstart(addmonths(today(),-10)) and Date <= today(),1)as [Rolling 11],

And in your expression use

=Sum({<[Rolling 11]={1}, your dimension/measure>}Sales)

Rolling 11 will only give you data only until Nov-2016.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kwok,

First convert that date into month like :- Date(DateField,'YYYY-MM')

now raise a flag like if(interval(date(today(),'YYYY-MM'),Date(DateField,'YYYY-MM'))=0,'CurrnetMonth','PreviousMonth') As MonthStatus

Now u can use this flag in your expression by giving filter MonthStatus='CurrentMonth' .

Thanks,

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Expression will give you values from year start to till date

If max date in your calendar data is 21st November then that expression will give you data from 1st jan till 21st November.

When you say upto November what does it actually mean?

Also check what is max date in your calendar?

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

If your calendar has future dates,then it will consider those dates also while calculating max date.