Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manoj217
Creator III
Creator III

- symbol and = symbol differences

num(count({<[Request Type]-= {'applied'}>}ISSUED),v_NumberFormat)

num(count({<[Request Type]= ,applied={'applied'}>}ISSUED),v_NumberFormat)

tell me differences between

[Request Type] - = 'x'

[Request Type]=, applied=,requested=,

5 Replies
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Manoj,

[Request Type] - = 'x'  --> Means all the values of field [Request Type] except 'x'

[Request Type]= ---> Means the expression will not be impacted or change if you select any values under field [Request Type]

Br,

KC

Best Regards,
KC
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

I would recommend you to go through this to learn more about set analysis.

Set Analysis: syntaxes, examples

Best Regards,
KC
tresesco
MVP
MVP

[Request Type]=,  // ignore selection in [Request Type] field

[Request Type] - = {'x'}  // consider current selection of the field [Request Type] excluding value 'x'

applied=,requested=,      // had they been field, it would have meaning like in the first line explained

tresesco
MVP
MVP

[Request Type] - = 'x'  --> Means all the values of field [Request Type] except 'x'

This is not exactly correct. First, it would be, like: [Request Type] - = {'x'}.

And, when you put negation symbol ('-') before '=' sign, that means, the value(s) in the list (within curly braces) would be excluding from the set taking into consideration - the current selection. However, if you put the negation symbol ('-') after the '=' sign, like: [Request Type] = -{'x'}, it means, like you said : all values (irrespective of selection in the field) except 'x'.

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Thanks tresesco‌ for correcting me  , My bad.

Br,

KC

Best Regards,
KC