cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
becki_kain
Contributor III
Contributor III

table of totals?

i have a pivot table, as shown below, and i broke up the very complex equations to individual columns then put them together, as shown below.  I had to do this as a pivot table to get the subtotals (the column where "Car" will have "utility" and "truck" later on).  the problem is with the pivot table, i can't hide the pieces of the equations so the final columns will be these massive and unweildy equations.  if i break up the charts into line charts of "car" "utility" and "truck, i can get the subtotals of each but how do i add those subtotals to get the final line of totals (and the bottom of this chart)?  thanks

becki kain

31 Replies
becki_kain
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thanks.  that was what I was trying to avoid, an expression longer than my arm.  🙂  but I will try the link you sent me, about how to do subtotals with a straight table. 

MK9885
Master II
Master II

either she is confused or we're confused.

Maybe she want to join all those expressions into a single expression?

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Maybe this?

The expression is not fully complete but you can modify it as you understand better why you are using TOTALS?

becki_kain
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

no, that's what I don't want to do. I was hoping to have little bite sized expressions and then put them together at the end with something simple like AAA5/AAA1, not what their underlyings are. but I will try the subtotal in a straight table example and go from there

this is only week 4 of qlik for me 🙂  thanks

becki_kain
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I would hate to debug that but yes, that would work.  thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

another option is to use variable to store the different expressions (not the result) in variables.

it might actually be your best option if you think you'll be reusing the formulas in multiple places.

see attachment.

becki_kain
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I will try the variable idea.  thanks

and the subtotal with line chart.  thanks everyone!

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Maybe someone who knows Set Analysis much better can help shorten that expression for you? @..

My expression i also a big one, I just used >+< in the middle cus the Dimensions as volume i same for everyone. And I'm not sure if it is correct or not.. verify with the data counts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck! 

becki_kain
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thanks!