Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III

total not matching for one particular column in straight table...??

Hi all,

we have a stright table where we are showing different offerings and their repetive revenue. but for one month which is high lighted in the below image the total counts are not matching. i mean total value is not coming as correct for it, where as for other columns its coming correctly...

after adding above it should give 68989 but it is showing 65194.  please help me with possible issue for this,

and we are showing the totals by using above option in expression tab. Thanks in advance.

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

Is this a straight table? If it is, then use total mode as Sum of rows. If it is a pivot table, use Sum(Aggr(YourExpression, YourDimension/s))

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hard to tell without Your Expression.

Maybe are you using if handeling in Expression?

vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes Sunny, its a stright table and we are showing totals using the below option. in expression tab..

sunny_talwar

Use this instead

Capture.PNG

vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III
Author

used and its giving correct value, but bit confused how it makes difference, why expression total is not giving correct values.

we have nearly 100 straight tables in my app, now can i change all over the app.. ??

please suggest..

sunny_talwar

If you are using an if statement or some kind of manipulation such as Sum(A) * Sum(B)... the total row will calculate it's own set of calculation rather than doing sum of rows. To do manual sum of rows... look here Sum of rows in pivot tables‌. But since this is a straight table, we have a way to avoid using the Sum(Aggr()) function... which is to select Sum of Rows in total mode