Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

two records with same values do not show twice

Good morning,

I kindly ask some help to solve the following issue.

I load some data and as you can see there are some values that appear twice

image.jpg

they are   code1, 6, 40   and  code2, 15, 50

I created some charts, see also attached file, and as you can see in the top one I do not know how to display all values:

image2.jpg

Thank for helping.

Antonio

using v.10

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Ya, You are correct. Since you are summing up the value, qlikview wont show as two rows. If you want to show as two values then row should have some unique values. You may create one more column in you create for generating row number and you could add this to your table as shoun below

Load *, Rowno() as row;
LOAD * Inline [
Code, Price, Qty
code1,  6,  40
code1,  6,  40
code1,  6,   200
code2,  15,  50
code2,  15,  50
code2,  15, 200
];

add this row column in table. This will sepearte the rows and show.

- Sridhar

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Your expression should be Sum(Qty*Price) to get the correct output.

And Dimension with act according to the expression which you write. For example you may have two 6 and two 40 for Price and Qty, but qlikview will consider as only one when you write a expression like this Sum(Qty*Price)

Not sure how to add attachment to post

- Sridhar

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear Sridhar,

I have followed your suggestion and wrote the Expression labeled [Total Sell] equal to

=Sum(Qty*Price)

the total invoiced is correct but I cannot see the right quantities on the top chart. So from what you wrote it looks that QlikView will not allow me to show to records:

image3.jpg

Thanks

Antonio

Not applicable
Author

Ya, You are correct. Since you are summing up the value, qlikview wont show as two rows. If you want to show as two values then row should have some unique values. You may create one more column in you create for generating row number and you could add this to your table as shoun below

Load *, Rowno() as row;
LOAD * Inline [
Code, Price, Qty
code1,  6,  40
code1,  6,  40
code1,  6,   200
code2,  15,  50
code2,  15,  50
code2,  15, 200
];

add this row column in table. This will sepearte the rows and show.

- Sridhar

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear Sridhar,

I followed your suggestion and evething show as I wished:

image4.jpg

thanks

Antonio

Not applicable
Author

sridhar24784 wrote:

Not sure how to add attachment to post

- Sridhar

Sridhar,

Click the "Use advanced editor" to bring up the ability to add attachments.  See the screenshot below:

QlikCommunity  two records with same values do not....png

Not applicable
Author

ho..!! OMG...!! i never knew this.Till now to add a attchment to my post, i use to post my content and go back to post and again 'Edit' the post to add my attachment . This 'Use Advance Editor' works well..!!

Thanks Jason (Sorry, i`m very late to respond to this post). You have really saved my time..!!!

- Sridhar