Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

unable to load "open in server" tab through my local Qlikview Desktop.

I am Trying to open my remote server which I have access to to it through my local Qlikview desktop  to view .qvd files and load it into local Qlikview desktop but I am unable to open the tab "Open in Server" from local Desktop .

I have named Cal and have access to remote server as well.

can I need any other access to open like this through my local desktop.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello All,

I Had tried to open the Remote server from my local desktop through RUN it is now  I am able to open all the documents and made the modifications.

Thank you for all your eforts for Clarifying this issue.

View solution in original post

19 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

What error message do you get when you go to file > open in server and try and open a document?

I assume as you have a named cal that you have, but have you correctly configured the 'locations' under settings> user preferences?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

With Open in Server, you're telling the QlikView Desktop to act like a regular Access Point client. Documents that you open with "Open in Server" have the same limitations as Access Point documents: no reloads, no script editing etc. Also, the Open in Server-dialog will only show a list of documents that are published for you to access. All others won't appear in the list of available documents.

Therefor, you will not be able to see/open/load QVDs (sic) because they aren't even documents.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

this was the error I am getting while I choose open in server.

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hmmm might be that port 4747 is closed on the server?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am  Qlikview Admin and have access directly to remote server's where there is all the doc's

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

where can I check for this port is activated or not..?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

"Windows Firewall" on your server.

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

QlikView Admin doesn't exist in the Access Point. Overthere, everyone is a User. QlikView Admin only exists in the QMC. The two have nothing in common.