Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gireesh1216
Creator II
Creator II

user shouldnt be able to select the excluded values in list box

Hi Team,

I have a listbox and  based on other listbox selections, this listbox has some excluded values, that are shown in grey when those values are not related.

I want to show all values (possible,excluded), but user shouldnot be able to select the excluded values.

[i.e. when clicked on grey/excluded values, it shouldnot get selected]

can we do that? If yes, How?

Thanks

Gireesh

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried clicking on the 'Hide Excluded' button?

gireesh1216
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi wallo,

I used Hide Exclude option and Aggr(Field,Field).But if we use this option exclude data not showing in list box.

I want to show possible data and excluded data.

User shouldnt be able to select excluded values.

gireesh1216
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Any one help me on upper lines..

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Let me share few thoughts related, Can you check the option called "Read Only" in your general Tab

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
gireesh1216
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Anil Babu Samineni,

If we use READ ONLY option,How to select possible values?.

Thnaks

Gireesh

Anil_Babu_Samineni

That we can't it just associate engine to possible values and it got locked. You can't selection by using Read only option

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
gireesh1216
Creator II
Creator II
Author

My question is

I want to show all values (possible,excluded), but user shouldnot be able to select the excluded values.

[i.e. when clicked on grey/excluded values, it shouldnot get selected]

marcus_sommer

I'm not sure that this would be directly possible. I could imagine that you could get your described functionality by using two listboxes which are laying a bit over each other - one with aggr(only(Field), Field) for the selections and the other with aggr(only({1-} Field), Field) for the excluded values and which is set of read only.

- Marcus

gireesh1216
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Marcus Sommer,

This expression "aggr(only({1-} Field), Field)" is not working in list box.

Thanks

Gireesh