cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saichawan
Contributor III
Contributor III

values not suming up

I have two data sets,for the first data set all values have been captured and accordingly the data is getting plotted. But when i'm loading the second data set. values are not summing up. 

if i'm using a filter then all the values for that column are getting captured and when plotting a graph by suming same column used for filter is coming up to zero.

attached screenshot FYI. intial buy is the column name

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I think your issue is that you are joining the two tables on way too many fields then you might need. Do the values between the two tables need to match on TOT_SOH_QTY and RTL_QTY? They might... but it seems that this requires a match on those values as well...

View solution in original post

15 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample to check this out?

saichawan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

sample 

sunny_talwar

I think your issue is that you are joining the two tables on way too many fields then you might need. Do the values between the two tables need to match on TOT_SOH_QTY and RTL_QTY? They might... but it seems that this requires a match on those values as well...

saichawan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks a ton, it worked.

There is one more issue i'm facing.

i need to calculate rate of sale,number of units sold per week, for rolling and ytd. i'm using this formula but aint working out.

='Current Year:'& Num((Sum({<week = {">=$(vMinDate)<=$(vMaxdate)"}>} RTL_QTY)/Count(DISTINCT( week))/1000000),'##.00')
& ' Last Year:'&num((((Sum({<week = {">=$(vRollingStart)<=$(vRollingEnd)"},Period=>} RTL_QTY)/Count(DISTINCT( week))
-
Sum({<week = {">=$(vRollingStart)<=$(vRollingEnd)"},Period= {'LYTD'}> }RTL_QTY)/Count(DISTINCT( week)),'##.00')

sunny_talwar

What is the issue you are seeing when you use the expression? Throws an error? Gives an incorrect number?

saichawan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

it throws a error

sunny_talwar

1) Where have you used this expression in the attached dashboard?

2) Can you provide the updated app where you excluded the join between the two tables on TOT_SOH_QTY and RTL_QTY so that we are both looking at the same thing.

saichawan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

FYI

sunny_talwar

Thanks, where is the expression which is throwing the error? What tab and what chart?