Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lessassy
Creator
Creator

variable for quarter in set analysis

Hello everyone,

I have created a master calendar and i have a time dimenson called Quarter-Year which has value such as

'T1-2019', 'T2-2019' and so on....

The thing is i want to use a variable to compare let's say a value at T1-2020 to T1-2019.

Usually for year i use a variable so let's say vCurrentYear = max(year(DATE_Field)) and vPreviousYear = max(year(DATE_Field)-1)

I have a specific example which is :

if (Quarter-Year = 'Q1-2019',SUM({<CAT_CONTRAT = {'CDI'},[Quarter-Year] = {'Q1-2019'}>}ABS_DIR_JRS_OUV)/SUM({<CAT_CONTRAT = {'CDI'},[Quarter-Year] = {'Q1-2019'}>}NB_JRS_THEO_TRAVAIL),

if (Quarter-Year = 'Q1-2020,SUM({<CAT_CONTRAT = {'CDI'},[Quarter-Year] = {'Q1-2020'}>}ABS_DIR_JRS_OUV)/SUM({<CAT_CONTRAT = {'CDI'},[Quarter-Year] = {'Q1-2020'}>}NB_JRS_THEO_TRAVAIL),))

The result will be ok but i want to compare Quarter Year N to Quarter PreviousYear

DO you know how i could do that ?

Thank you a lot

In my master calendar the "quarter year" is this one: 'T' & ceil(Month(TempDate)/3)&'-'& Right(Year(TempDate),2) as QuarterYear,

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
raji6763
Creator II
Creator II

hi,

you may be try this

DATE= {">=$(=quarterstart(min(DATE),-4))<$(=quarterstart(min(DATE),-3))

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Layout-Visualizations/How-compare-two-quarter-in-different-ye...

regards,

raji

View solution in original post

3 Replies
raji6763
Creator II
Creator II

hi,

you may be try this

DATE= {">=$(=quarterstart(min(DATE),-4))<$(=quarterstart(min(DATE),-3))

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Layout-Visualizations/How-compare-two-quarter-in-different-ye...

regards,

raji

lessassy
Creator
Creator
Author

it worked thank you.

I tried also instead of

Quarter-Year = 'Q1-2019' i put Quarter-Year = 'Q1-'&'$(=vCurrentYear) or Previous Year and it work pretty well too.

Anyway thanks for the tips

raji6763
Creator II
Creator II

if you got solution.please close this thread.