Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrweber
Creator
Creator

variables to parameters of Button with external program

Hi,

i have a button with an external program (powershell).

I wish to pass a variable value as paramater.

How do I evaluate variables within the parameter section of the external program dialog.

Best regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chrweber
Creator
Creator
Author

It appears that i have to concat the parameter string using & and ' (apostrophe)

The parameter string should be as follows:

='<parameter text>' & <qlik variable or function> & '<parameter text>' & ...

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Does that powershell accessable to Qlik? If so, we can work

Qlikview Parameterised Variables

Variables with Parameters

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
chrweber
Creator
Creator
Author

Unfortunately, that is not my problem, or maybe I was not clear

I have a button, calling an external program

The Dialog allows the selection of a program and I can provide an arbitrary parameter string.

Within that parameter string I wish to evaluate a formula (or dereference a variable)

How can I do that.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

You can, Can you share exactly your intend of current expression which you have so then i may work for you

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
chrweber
Creator
Creator
Author

Of course (I am translating to english, so I am guessing the proper labels):

Action:

Execute    

Application: Powershell.exe

Parameter: -NonInteractive -ExecutionPolicy Bypass <myVariable or Function value>

I hope that clarifies it. How can I escape/dereference here

Anil_Babu_Samineni

That means you have one batch file which extension called .exe and you are going  to use that into using button. That means you are going to call from that .exe file there are multiple variables stored. So, You want to use that parameter variable call into Qlik. Is this you are trying to explanation?

chrweber
Creator
Creator
Author

Maybe the GUI command is "Run" rather than "Execute"

And "Powershell.exe" is basically the new "cmd.exe"

And I want to call the executable from within Qlikview and hand it qlik variables as parameters.Capture.PNG

chrweber
Creator
Creator
Author

I want to insert qlik-variables into the parameters of "Launch"

chrweber
Creator
Creator
Author

It appears that i have to concat the parameter string using & and ' (apostrophe)

The parameter string should be as follows:

='<parameter text>' & <qlik variable or function> & '<parameter text>' & ...

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Don't have idea, May be marcus_sommerpetter-s‌ help you