Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

what is exact difference between Reload & partial reload

Hi All,

Could anyone explain me the difference between Reload & partial reload with example ?

I read it online and tried some practical but showing same result.

4 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Narendra,

Reloading data is used to update the data in a QlikView document before generating reports. Reloading data overwrites the original to do this.After uploading ur table file in script editor window u will have to reload your data inorder to use the fields.

Partial Reload is used when you want to add new data without loading the already reloaded data. In simple words, partail reload is like adding new data to the existing data without effecting existing data. It is mainly helpful when you want to refresh/replace the existing data in dashboards.

For more info regarding how to load data using partial reload plz refer : QlikView Scripting | Partial Reload - YouTube

Thank You..!

avinashelite

Partial reload will load only the table with the Replace or Add prefix only and it does't load the other tables without this prefix ..

normal reload will load all the tables with or without Replace or Add prefix

Not applicable
Author

Hi Narendra,

Reload will Load entire data from source file into QlikView Dashboard using pre-written script/Updated Script.

Partial Reload - In English level language Partial seems Half Reload. But important concept is, It working like QSQL update statement. Now here update will not work only for row bt entire column.

Exact Difference - Reload will pull all data from DataSource into QlikView Desktop whereas Partial Reload will pull only Changed and New data in QlikView.

LET ME KNOW IF I AM WRONG.

Thank You.

Regards,

Shankar