Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonikajain
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

what process happens in the background when I run a code to load data from a table and store into QVD

Hi All,

Pleas help me understand the process - memory+CPU that happens in the bckground when I run a code that loads data from a table and stores into QVD.

Like :

TABLE:

SQL

SELECT * FROM SCHEMA.TABLE;

STORE TABLE into QVD1.qvd;

DROP table TABLE;

How does the memory required vary when data is loaded from TABLE to memory in QVW and written to QVD

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

If u stored in a table in a QVD then the volume  of the  table  is reduced but not the data ,

QVD are flexible to load data easily in qlikview and run very fast & gives the desired result as soon as possible compare to tables & databases connection......

avinashelite

Hi Sonika,

Qlikview is a in memory tool, so while dealing with large data we make use of this QVD.

Process:

TABLE:

SQL

SELECT * FROM SCHEMA.TABLE;

This script will import the data from the DB and store it inside the Qlikview with 10x compression.

STORE TABLE into QVD1.qvd; this will store the data inside the Qlikview to Qlikview readable format file called QVD it will be compressed and optimized.

DROP table TABLE; this will delete the data, which is inside the Qlikview application and frees the memory

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Did you try monitoring the ram and cpu usage of your workstation or server while reloading a qlikview document with that bit of script? Try asking a local friendly system administrator if you need help with that.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
sonikajain
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

yeah, but I am looking for what happens in terms of memory and Processer usage when these statements are executed

sonikajain
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

I know what these statements accomplish,

but I am looking for what happens in terms of memory and Processer usage when these statements are executed