Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

xls backward compatible files

Dear Community,

I have a need to load lots of 97 / 95 (xls) backward compatible files from a folder.

My script is ready to load the files however due to the format of the XLS files Qlik doesn't recognise them. I've been told by my IT Deparment that they are 97 / 95 (xls) backward compatible files which have been created by Visual Fox Pro.

Does anyone know what I can do in order to make Qlik recognise what these files are?

Best regards,

Drew

8 Replies
muthukumar77
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

Export to CSV format from Visual Fox Pro.

Muthukumar Pandiyan
PrashantSangle

qlikview can read xls files.

can you provide sample file.

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Not applicable
Author

Please find example file attached.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Unfortunately this isn't an option & I want to analyse the historic files - trying to avoid change to the current process as I know it would take a long time to get the changes put in place

marcus_sommer

This excel-file is not in a current biff-format else another binary-format and therefore you couldn't load them directly. I think you will need excel to open and save it with a different file-format or to copy these data to another excel-file. If you many of these files you should look for macro-automation of this task.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for your help - is the macro something I can run in the Qlik globe script or does it need to be done outside the Qlik software?

Best regards,

Drew

marcus_sommer

You could do it with qlikview vbs-macros but not during the load-execution (in this case you would need to trigger an external vbs-batch or excel-file with an EXECUTE statement).

Easier would be to do it from excel-side (you will find plenty of examples within the various office- and vba-sites) then the syntax-higlightning, code completion and the debugging-features there will be very useful - and if it's then working you could convert it into vbs again (by larger and/or complex code is this approach very probably faster then manual writing in vbs).

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

I think you can use file converter to convert into 2010 excel format before load into Qlik. I find one for your ref:Apache OpenOffice - Official Site - The Free and Open Productivity Suite  Hope it works!