The benchmark application replicates the steps NPrinting follows to import images from Qlik Sense. It can be used to import many copies of the same image quickly and verify if there are any problems during the process.
This must be used any time a report generation fails with "CEF rendering" error messages in the NPrinting Engine log files.
The benchmark creates specific log files in the NPrinting log folder and saves the imported images in C:\tmp.
NPrinting 18 April release and higher
CEF rendering errors became quite common and the logs are not detailed enough to understand the cause of the problem.
The test described here gives useful information to troubleshoot the problem.
Here are the steps to configure the Benchmark:
- Download the zip file from here and extract it in C:\Benchmark\ on the machine where NPrinting Engine is installed. (If the link is not working please contact Technical Support to get a copy of it)
- Open the Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.Benchmarks.exe.config file in C:\Benchmark\Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.Benchmarks with a text editor program.
- It is necessary to re-configure the connection to Qlik Sense. Follow these steps:
In <!-- Sense user identity -->
<add key="bench-user-identity" value="domain\UserName" />
Add the user domain and name as it is in the NPrinting connection
In <!-- Sense url -->
<add key="bench-proxy-url" value="https://qlikserverName" />
Add the Qlik Sense Server Proxy address as it is in the NPrinting connection.
In <!-- Sense app name -->
<add key="bench-app-name" value="PxP training Executive Dashboard" />
Add the Sense app name (not the app ID).
In <!-- Sense object ids to print in the app, each navigator will render in the specified sequence the ids -->
<add key="bench-obj-ids" value="OjectID" />
Add the ID of the image that you are importing in the report. The image ID can be seen in the NPrinting template.
In <!-- number of NPrinting printing identical cloned request per navigator process call -->
<add key="bench-request-number" value="10" />
Specify how many times the image must be imported. For troubleshooting purposes, 10 can be considered as the minimum.
- Stop the NPrinting Engine and the NPrinting Scheduler services.
- Double-click on Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.Benchmarks.exe to start the application.
Collect the logs in the NPrinting logs folder and check if the images are generated in C:\tmp. Verify that all the images are there and how is the image quality.