To create a Mail connection in Application Automation, do the following:
- In Qlik Sense SaaS Hub select Add New > New automation
- On the create dialog, select Connections in the menu
- In Explore, search for Mail and select the Mail connector. Press Add
- Fill out the details for your SMTP server. Press Save and Ok
The Mail connection will now be listed in My connections.
Verify the Mail connection by creating a simple automation.
- In Qlik Sense SaaS Hub, select Add New > New automation
- Give the automation a name and press Save
- In the automation editor, click on the Mail connection in the left pane
- Drag the Send Mail block on to the canvas, connecting it to the Start block
- In the right pane, fill out the required fields to send a test email
- Press Save and Run to execute the automation
- Verify the test email being sent successfully and received in the mailbox
If you receive any error when running the test automation, verify the details of your SMTP server being correct (Host, Password still accurate, Port etc):
- In the menu select Connections to go back to the connections page
- In My connections, select the Mail connection and press Edit connection
- Confirm all settings being correct and press Save
- Run the test automation again to confirm the email being sent
- The Mail Connector does not at present support SSO. See Qlik Application Automation: "Send Mail" block doesn't work with Gmail's with Okta integration
- The configuration for an Email server that already exists on a tenant cannot be used within an automation. A new connection must be created in Qlik Application Automation.
- The connection will not be verified during creation. As a best practice it is always recommended to verify the Mail connection with a simple automation, before using the Send Mail block in more advanced automations.
The information in this article is provided as-is and to be used at own discretion. Depending on tool(s) used, customization(s), and/or other factors ongoing support on the solution below may not be provided by Qlik Support.