Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

How to: automation monitoring app for tenant admins with Qlik Application Automation

100% helpful (1/1)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lasse123
Former Employee
Former Employee

How to: automation monitoring app for tenant admins with Qlik Application Automation

Last Update:

Jul 20, 2023 3:20:03 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Jan 19, 2023 11:03:18 AM

Attachments

This article shows how to use the Qlik Application Automation Monitoring App. It explains how to set up the load script and how to use the app for monitoring Qlik Application Automation usage statistics for a cloud tenant. 

Index:

The app included is an example and not an official app.  The app is provided as-is.

How to configure the load script

There are four steps for the configuration of the load script:

1. Configure your tenant here by typing the name of your tenant and region here: 

loadscript - 1.png

2. Configure your data connection by typing the name of an existing data connection. The data connection must be configured in the pane to the right, see picture. If you do not have one, you must create one.

loadscript - 2.png

3. Configure your data folder location here:

loadscript - 3.png

4. Configure your time zone here, using deviation from GMT, for example, Central European time +1: 

loadscript - 4.png

Qlik Application Automation Monitoring app content

The monitoring app includes four sheets that present various information on the Qlik Application Automation usage in the current tenant.

Automations

Filtering is available based on Automation Name, Last Run Status, Run Mode, State & Status.

•  # Runs last 30 days
  • Automation runs last week
  • Automations in tenant
  • Automations utilized last 30 days
  • Average # of runs
  • Average runs per day
  • Successful runs last 30 days
  • Successful runs last week

Automations2.png

Failed vs successful automation runs

• # Runs total
  • Average runs per day
  • Days of data
  • Failed runs
  • Number of failed runs per automation
  • Number of runs last 30 days per user
  • Percentage failed
  • Runs per automation
  • Successful runs

Failed vs successful automation runs.png

Automation run history last 30 days and weekly respectively

• Number of runs last 30 days
  • Number of runs per month

Automation run history last 30 days and weekly respectively.png

Total hourly distribution

• Hourly distribution last 30 days
  • Total automation runtime last 30 days

Total hourly distribution.png

Loading data

The Qlik Application Automation Monitoring app facilitates incremental load, that is, only added data is loaded into the app. 

Important: Qlik Application Automation runs are only stored for 30 days. When data is loaded into the app for the first time, only 30 days of history is loaded, thus only 30 days of history will be available in the app. After this initial data load, data older than 30 days will be available in the app thanks to the incremental data load. If data is loaded at least once every 30 days, continuous data will be available in the app. 

Limitations

1. At the initial load, only 30 days of history are loaded. This is because Qlik Application Automation history is only stored for 30 days. 
  2. For continuous data in the app, data must be loaded at least every 30 days. 
  3. The API can only return the last 5000 runs for every automation. Please keep this in mind when scheduling the reloads of this app. 

Environment

Qlik Cloud 
Qlik Application Automation 

The information in this article is provided as-is and is to be used at your own discretion. Depending on tool(s) used, customization(s), and/or other factors ongoing support on the solution below may not be provided by Qlik Support.

Labels (2)
Comments
pilka
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

pilka_0-1688978253113.png

Hello, can you please help me understand how it is possible that in Bar chart I do not have any day with more than 181 runs, last 10 days is number of runs even lower than 110, but in KPI is mentioned, that it is 6938 runs last 30 days with average 233 runs per day? Thank you very much.

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @pilka 

We're looking into how we can assist you with this. 

All the best,
Sonja 

kurt4arhaus
Contributor II
Contributor II

Is it possible to get the App Id for each automation?

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @kurt4arhaus 

I am not certain about finding it directly in the monitoring app linked above, but you can find information on how to locate the automation IDs in Troubleshooting Qlik Application Automation 

All the best,
Sonja 

kurt4arhaus
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Sonja,

I have the automation IDs. I need the App IDs.

lessing
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am using this monitoring app for one month and found an error. Can you help me?

In the sheet automation I see an automation with lastRunStatus "Finished with warnings" and set the filter for this automation. But in the Runs tab are only runs with status finished. Should at least the last one not the one with "Finished with warnings" ?

Regards,

JÜrgen

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @lessing 

Please post your question in the Qlik Application Automation forum to get access to our wider community and active support agents.

All the best,
Sonja 

skustes
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello, I have this app working in our tenant, but I notice that simply running the data load increments the number of Automations run. For instance, it currently says 11 runs in the last 30 days. I just ran a manual data load and it now says that there have been 12 runs. No other automations were run during this time. Is this intended behavior? If so, does that mean that reloading this app will count against our monthly Automation allocation?

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @skustes Let me look into this for you.

But can you confirm: You are seeing the number of Automations going up if you only reload the Qlik Application Automation Monitoring App app? (And I assume the behavior is unique to this one, and cannot be seen with others?)

All the best,
Sonja 

skustes
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @Sonja_Bauernfeind, yes, that is correct. When I manually reload this app, it increments the count by 1. If I reload the app via an Automation, it increments the count by 2, one for the Automation run and one due to this behavior within the data load of the app. This is not happening when reloading other apps. Thanks for your help!

Version history
Last update:
‎2023-07-20 03:20 AM
Updated by: