Skip to main content

Official Support Articles

Search or browse our knowledge base to find answers to your questions ranging from account questions to troubleshooting error messages. The content is curated and updated by our global Support team

Announcements
CUSTOMERS ONLY: Now accepting customer applications for the 2023 Luminary Program: SUBMIT NOW

Qlik Downloads page shows "401 Unauthorized Access" error

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Qlik Downloads page shows "401 Unauthorized Access" error

Qlik Download page in Community does not show the expected product and download page. 

The web page and browser console display errors messages referring to HTTP 401 Unauthorized access, which may look similar to below examples. 

ToniKautto_1-1645402808230.png

Environment

Resolution

Qlik Download page in Qlik Community requires 3rd party cookies as part of the current web integration. The accessing browser must allow must allow 3rd party cookies while accessing the Qlik Downloads page, in order for the page to render successfully. 

The browser does not have to completely allow 3rd party cookies, but can also just allow 3rd cookies for the *.qlik.com or community.qlik.com domain. 

The cookie settings are browser-specific, please consult browser help for more details. 

Cause

Qlik Download page in Qlik Community is composed by an embedded object that is hosted in Qlik Cloud. This means that cookies for the user session are associated with two different domains, community.qlik.com and qlikcloud.com.  The browser refer to the parent page (community.qlik.com) as a 1st party cookie, while the enmbedded content from a different domain (qlikcloud.com) is referred to as a 3rd party cookie. 

3rd party cookies may be blocked in a browser as a mechanisms to block user tracking and advertisment. Browser incogniro mode may also block 3rd party cookies by default as part of keeping the user more anonmyous. 

Related Content

Labels (1)
Comments
Hoover
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

I have tried all of the above, the download page is still blank for me with no errors.

Please advise?

Wim
Contributor II
Contributor II

Also empty page for me.

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello, @Wim Could you contact our Support Agents through the Support Chat Bot? You can find the bot at the bottom of the screen (blue help bubble).

All the best,
Sonja 

mbespartochnyy
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @Sonja_Bauernfeind,

I still can't access the downloads page and when I click on the "blue help bubble" nothing is happening so I can't even chat with support. How can I get to the downloads page and download needed Qlik software?

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @mbespartochnyy 

Have you been able to reach out to support since? If the chat bubble continues to fail, please use the Case Portal.

All the best,
Sonja 

pva
Contributor
Contributor

hello

I cant load to the download page. Can you do that??

Thanks and Regards

tobias_luediger
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem.

DavidStrudwick
Contributor II
Contributor II

I have the same problem of a blank download page and I'm also not able to click the blue help button, nothing happens when I do.

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @tobias_luediger and @DavidStrudwick 

For the chatbot: Do you have any pop-up blockers active that may be blocking the chat bot pop up from appearing?

I will reach out to our teams to see how we can assist you for your download site queries.

All the best,
Sonja 

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

@tobias_luediger @DavidStrudwick  We will reach out to you separately in cases to assist you in getting your downloads (and the download page issues resolved for you). 

Version history
Last update:
‎2022-03-01 10:32 AM
Updated by: