Employee

Qlik Community Pages pages show 401 Unauthorized Access error

Last Update:

Nov 29, 2023 2:58:26 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Feb 16, 2022 4:00:22 AM

The Qlik Download page or Qlik Ideation app do not show their expected content. The web page and browser console display error messages referring to HTTP 401 Unauthorized access, which may look similar to the below examples. 

ToniKautto_1-1645402808230.png

Resolution

The Qlik Download page and Ideation App on Qlik Community require 3rd party cookies as part of the current web integration. The accessing browser must allow 3rd-party cookies while accessing the Qlik Downloads page in order for the page to render successfully. 

The browser does not have to completely allow 3rd party cookies, but can also just allow 3rd cookies for the *.qlik.com or community.qlik.com domain. 

The cookie settings are browser-specific, please consult browser help for more details. 

Cause

The Qlik Download page and Ideation App in Qlik Community are composed by an embedded object hosted in Qlik Cloud. This means cookies for the user session are associated with two different domains, community.qlik.com and qlikcloud.com. The browser refer to the parent page (community.qlik.com) as a 1st party cookie, while the embedded content from a different domain (qlikcloud.com) is referred to as a 3rd party cookie. 

3rd party cookies may be blocked in a browser as a mechanisms to block user tracking and advertisement. Browser incognito mode may also block 3rd party cookies by default as part of keeping the user more anonymous. 

Related Content

Clear, allow & manage cookies in Chrome 
Third-party cookies and Firefox tracking protection 
Microsoft Edge, browsing data, and privacy 
Clear cookies in Safari on Mac 

Labels (1)
Comments
Hoover
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

I have tried all of the above, the download page is still blank for me with no errors.

Please advise?

Wim
Contributor III
Contributor III

Also empty page for me.

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello, @Wim Could you contact our Support Agents through the Support Chat Bot? You can find the bot at the bottom of the screen (blue help bubble).

All the best,
Sonja 

mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @Sonja_Bauernfeind,

I still can't access the downloads page and when I click on the "blue help bubble" nothing is happening so I can't even chat with support. How can I get to the downloads page and download needed Qlik software?

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @mbespartochnyy 

Have you been able to reach out to support since? If the chat bubble continues to fail, please use the Case Portal.

All the best,
Sonja 

pva
Contributor
Contributor

hello

I cant load to the download page. Can you do that??

Thanks and Regards

tobias_luediger
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem.

DavidStrudwick
Contributor II
Contributor II

I have the same problem of a blank download page and I'm also not able to click the blue help button, nothing happens when I do.

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @tobias_luediger and @DavidStrudwick 

For the chatbot: Do you have any pop-up blockers active that may be blocking the chat bot pop up from appearing?

I will reach out to our teams to see how we can assist you for your download site queries.

All the best,
Sonja 

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

@tobias_luediger @DavidStrudwick  We will reach out to you separately in cases to assist you in getting your downloads (and the download page issues resolved for you). 

Version history
Last update:
‎2023-11-29 02:58 AM
Updated by: